Downsizing Can Be Overwhelming
People aged 65 and up will account for 20% of the U.S. population by 2030, according to the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM).
Families may no longer be the first line of contact in relocating a senior, due to an array of challenges arising from today’s modern world.
NASMM reported that over 50% of clients who contacted the non-profit regarding moving were calling for themselves while only 30% were calling for their loved ones.
Professional Organizers are a much-needed resource in these cases. The process of downsizing and moving can be emotionally overwhelming, and physically demanding for individuals who have not moved in 30, 40, or 50 years.
The cost for Senior Move Managers can vary widely from case to case. Many older adults have not relocated from their current homes in over 30 years and may have a plethora of things that need to be sorted through.
A Professional Organizer May Help
The following is a list of services that a Professional Organizer might offer in helping their client downsize:
- Developing an overall move plan
- Organizing, sorting services
- Move coordination/oversight – before, during, and after the move
- House de-cluttering services
- Professional packing
- Junk removal
- Shipping heirlooms to family members
- Arranging for storage services
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Connecting the client with realtors who specialize in selling homes for seniors
- Organizing and staging the property to be sold
SeniorAdvisor.com is a wonderful way to make confident decisions about senior care and services for your senior loved one.