Thinking of Moving? Think Organizing First.
Moving is one of the greatest stressors in anyone’s life. We get it! You have a lot going on and many decisions to make while moving. Allow us to share the burden of your transition. We help you efficiently navigate this process and get your home ready to sell. In the process, we organize and stage your home. A home that is organized and staged shows better and sells faster.
We can help you prepare your home for sale with our Home Assessment. This is a custom report detailing everything needed to prepare the home for the market – everything from the front curb to the back fence. This stand-alone service can be combined with organizing services
Organizing and Staging
Staging highlights your home’s positive features and eliminates perceived negatives. Staging has been statistically proven to increase the speed and value of home sales. But staging is not possible in a cluttered home. Decluttering comes first, but the process does not end there.
How you approach decluttering is critical. Tossing things inside cabinets and drawers to hide clutter from public view is not an option. Potential buyers will open drawers, closets, and cabinets when touring the home. Things jammed inside these places speak of a lack of storage space – critical to home buyers. A property in disarray will also raise red flags about home maintenance.
So, organizing is necessary when preparing the home to be sold. It might be challenging amid everything else you need to do when moving. One more challenge is the last thing you need.
Your New Home
Moving into your new place provides you with a blank canvas to paint as you wish. (Very exciting idea!)
Imagine how would you like your moving day to end. How about getting into your new home and noticing that everything is perfectly organized, the space seems bigger, your bathtub is ready for that bubble bath you crave, and wine glasses are just waiting for you to uncork your favorite wine.
Stop imagining and let us show you how this happens!
Know that feeling when movers leave you with stacks of boxes and things everywhere on moving day? The typical unpacking is limited to opening boxes and placing items on the nearest flat surface. This results in neglected, unopened boxes a year after the move, with things that remained wherever they landed on that chaotic day. And there you have it – a home where anything goes anywhere so everything is everywhere. If you suffer from this affliction, it might not be entirely your fault – it’s the lack of system and methodology on moving day!
Our homesteading method helps you get settled faster and eliminates the aftermath of the typical unpacking process. We practice systematic and logical unpacking. We move your belongings from the box to the place they ultimately belong, determining the logical place for each category of items and the ideal way to organize everything within each space. This creates the systems that will make your life easier at home.
From hanging shower curtains, and dressing beds, to floor planning and furniture placement, design and accessorizing of your new space, and a comprehensive inventory of home essential needs, no detail is spared in our process.
Our goal is to get you off to a great start in your new home, allowing you to focus on what matters the most, and to feel at home much sooner. It is possible to create positive memories in your new home starting on moving day. We’d love to show you how.
Since you probably do not enjoy this
- Preparing the home for the market without having the time this requires
- Packing boxes at night after working the whole day
- Walking on eggshells to maintain the staged home while the house is on the market
- Going through everything you own (but had forgotten about)
- Living out of boxes, not knowing where your things are
- Having unopened moving boxes in the garage for years after you move
Then, let us help you by
- Preparing a customized plan for living in a packed up, staged home
- Coordinating with contractors and vendors. There is a lot to do and many moving parts and we project manage your move.
- Organizing the home because when you show the home you showcase the space it offers, and organizing the home is necessary for proper staging
- Home Staging the home since Staging has been proven to increase the speed and value of the home sale. Let’s make your place their dream.
- Reducing belongings by eliminating what is no longer needed or wanted. Avoid paying to move what will end up discarded and achieve an easier and less expensive move.
- Packing your move with care and logic – Allocating the house contents in its place first facilitates staging and packing the move by categories, which allows for a speedy setup of your new home.
Most people cannot visualize what a home could be without the possibilities that Staging can show them. Buying a home is a deeply emotional process. Staging is the magic that pulls emotion into the buying process.