Downsizing Can Be Overwhelming
According to the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM), people aged 65 and up will account for 20% of the U.S. population by 2030.
Families may no longer be the first line of contact in relocating a senior due to various challenges arising from everyday life. On the other hand, the process of downsizing and moving can be emotionally overwhelming and physically demanding for individuals who have not moved in 30, 40, or 50 years. In addition, many older adults who have not relocated from their current homes in over 30 years have many things to sort through. Families need help! A Professional Organizer can be a much-needed resource when relocating the seniors in your life.
A Professional Organizer Can Help
The following is a list of services that a Professional Organizer might offer in helping their client downsize:
- Developing an overall move plan
- Organizing services
- Move coordination/oversight – before, during, and after the move
- House de-cluttering services
- Professional packing
- Junk removal
- Shipping heirlooms to family members
- Arranging for storage services
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Connecting the client with realtors who specialize in selling homes for seniors
- Organizing and staging the property to be sold
SeniorAdvisor.com is a helpful resource to make confident decisions about senior care and services for your senior loved one.